TVWstock – 8
Has been Postponed
until August 27th 28th 29th 30th 2021
Following the First Minister’s update and forecast on June 8th TVWales whilst understanding that these are difficult times for us all, are sad to announce that there will be no TVWstock Festival this summer on Llandudno Promenade.
The festival has grown enormously over the last seven years attracting emerging musical talent from all over Wales and the rest of the UK as well as the USA. Founder and Technical Director, Glyn Hughes, said that TVWales were already in touch with some of the artists scheduled to perform and reported that there was a full understanding of the reasons for the cancellation.
The money raised at the festival has supported work with the disadvantaged especially the homeless in Llandudno and TVWales Chair, Roger Boon, said that he was pleased that the local commitment to this work seemed to be growing with the County Council making provision behind the Town Hall during the Covid 19 crisis and the local churches led by the Rev, Mike Harrison piloting a successful project which has the capacity to grow. He added that TVWales had received a significant number of enquiries about whether the festival would be taking place and it was important now to clarify the situation.
TVWales Trustees were concerned that the momentum for the continued development of the festival could be lost. Only the future will tell. Anyone interested in helping in 2021 should contact Glyn Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on the link below to 2019 outstanding programme with full details of the festival and its history can be found at
THE MAIN OBJECTIVES OF TVWALES ARE;
1. To advance musical talent, especially but not exclusively from North Wales, for the public benefit by encouraging young and relatively unknown musicians, especially those capable of going to the next level, by showcasing their talents at not for profit concerts and festivals.
2. In particular to mount an annual three day not for profit Music festival, TVWstock, as a major tourist attraction on Llandudno promenade on the annual Summer Bank Holiday.
3. In particular to mount an annual adjudicated youth event for under 17’s, TVWales Youth, in the context of the above festival
4. To develop networking and partnerships with businesses and organisations in pursuit of the above purposes.
5. To encourage young musical talent by providing them with an audio visual package without profit to assist them in the marketing of their talents.
6. To further such purposes which may be charitable according to the law of England and Wales as the Trustees see fit from time to time. This will include endeavouring to support disabled, homeless and disadvantaged charities in the Llandudno Area through TVWales events.
TVWales had small beginnings a few years ago, encouraging the development of young and relatively unknown musicians by creating a venue for them to perform.This led to the development of TVWstock, a festival that caters for a wide variety of music tastes. Over the last seven years it has grown from a one day to a three day festival on the promenade in Llandudno over the August Bank holiday. TVWales events are entirely non-profit making and serve to advance musical talent, by encouraging young and relatively unknown musicians, especially those capable of going to the next level, by showcasing them alongside more well established acts. They also raise significant funds for those in need.: over £28,000 since our small beginnings.
TVWales promotes three kinds of music events.
• TVWstock: a four day festival on the promenade in Llandudno
over the August Bank holiday.
On Saturday and Sunday of the festival TVWstock from
6.30-9.00pm youngsters of 16 and under perform for 15 minutes each.
For most of them it will be their first experience of having their performance mixed by professional sound engineers (from LLandudno's Venue Cymru).
A panel of music professionals will pick one top act who will be
invited back on Monday to have their performance professionally filmed at the close the festival and receive an award from the current Mayor of Llandudno.
• THE NEXT LEVEL: a one day festival in Venue Cymru held in the winter months. This event has not been held in 2019 due to ‘Venue Cymru’ under-going a £3 million refurbishment.
New for 2021 TVWales Arts / Music
TVWales are aiming to hold live Studio performances that will be Filmed and recorded along with filmed and recorded in-depth interviews with the Artists.
The films will be broadcast on Youtube / facebook / Instagram
TVWales is a fully constituted not for profit organisation.
Every penny we have raised at our events has gone to charity.
In 2021 we will be again supporting the Llandudno Homeless charity’s,